2011年10月20日星期四

More men are wearing high heels

I'm all for everyone being free to be you and me (yeh, I grew up in the '70s) but I always felt that  high, glossy heels should be reserved for chicks.

Not so much anymore, according to the New York Times  which ran a feature on men wearing heels  and not just I'm-Napoleon-short-self-conscious boot heels but Lady Gaga/Alexander McQueen towering spikes and platforms.

The dateline Los Angeles article explains:

“On a recent summer evening at Mr. Black, a dance party held every Tuesday at Bardot on North Vine Street, Sean Wagner was towering above the crowd. Mr. Wagner, 23, is tall even in socks (6-foot-2), but that night he had some extra help.

On his Size 11 feet were a pair of eight-inch bright neon green lace-up stiletto ankle boots, procured from the Ladies Studio Exotic Shoes on Hollywood Boulevard.”

My first reaction was basically What the what?!? Heels are for girls, but then I thought it about.

Most men don't have the ba … er, guts let alone the sense of style, to pull off a pair of  “Yves Saint Laurent's Imperiale platform stiletto ankle boot (original retail price: $1,395) with a leather motorcycle jacket, tight black jeans, a white shirt and a skinny black tie”  as one of the men interviewed did. Heck, many women couldn't rock that.

So I say cheers! Let em wear heels, anyone who would go to that length to put together a stylish ensemble gets my vote.

A tour around the Google and I found out that this is not an isolated or new trend. I even found a blog dedicated to men who wear heels asking for men to submit photos of men in their heels and proclaiming, “All the men who love high heels have to fight for fashion freedom. The men have right to wear high heels and everybody must accept this right.”

And after all this is 2011, why shouldn't dudes have an equal chance at bunions, hammertoes and twisted ankles, just like the ladies?

For some finding gorgeous shoes that fit might be a problem, but for any of my stylish bros out there reading, I gotta tip:  The Nordstrom Rack in Costa Mesa always has a BIG selection of designer shoes in the size 10 and over category.

Enjoy!

没有评论:

发表评论