2012年5月7日星期一

A Conversation With Shoe Designer Rupert Sanderson

For Rupert Sanderson, designing a shoe is not about making a pair of ridiculously over-designed and stratospheric high heels that no woman can comfortably walk in. What he does is create shoes with the aim of flattering a woman's leg. "Shoes are meant to complement women. Not dominate them," he told me when I interviewed him before. "I design shoes for women to wear rather than design shoes that wear the women."

Below, Sanderson explains what it feels like when a great idea hits him and how the future looks like. At least to him.

When I wake up... I check the pistol is still under the pillow.

Before I go to bed... I check my children are in their respective beds.

A well-dressed man/woman... exudes self-confidence.

Women should always... that's not for any right thinking man to say.

Men should never... laugh during the sad bits.

The best thing that's been said about me... I'm a great tennis player.

The biggest misconception about me... I'm not really a very good tennis player.

If I weren't doing what I'm doing today... I'd have to ask someone to do it for me tomorrow.

没有评论:

发表评论